Tuesday, March 17, 2009

West Chester Field Trip

I was one person who really took the field trip to West Chester in and will forever remember it. I feel very special, and privileged to be able to meet with a Holocaust Survivor and actually be able to ask them questions and have some what of a one on one conversation. I had the privilege to be able to talk to a 73 year old man named Arnold. He was in hiding for three years with a family that his mother had just dropped him off with. From then on he posed as their nephew. Luckily his mother had dropped his sister off with another family, and his grandmother was living with another family also. After the war they all met up together. Unfortunately both of Arnold's parents died in Auschwitz in 1944. I really enjoyed my speaker because he made in very interesting by bringing things in from his experience and letting the small group pass those things around. I will forever tell Arnold's story even when he is long gone. I think it is very important to know what these people have been through and we are all very lucky to be able to encounter people like Arnold.

No comments:

Post a Comment