Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Let Freedom Ring

The song we listened to in class, "Let Freedom Ring" was a very inspirational song which means a lot when you really listen to the lyrics. I liked that it had quotes in the song from Martin Luther King Jr. "Let Freedom Ring", "I have a Dream", "This Must Become True", and "So Let Freedom Ring." The fact that they added those quotes from MLK made the song have a lot more meaning. Throughout the song they talked about many inspirational people who really had a motivation to make this country equal such as JFK, MLK, Malcom X, Rosa Parks, Gandhi, and Henry David Thoreau who all had a contribution to equality. Going back to a video that we watched in the beginning of the semester called "I Pledge." Something really stuck out to me in the video and that was a black man that said something along the lines of I will see myself as an American instead of an African American. I think this means a lot because saying that he will see himself as an American just shows that we are all equal and when it comes down to it we are all Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment