Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Struggle For Equality - A Chronicle of Reform

In class, we have been working with the people in our groups at our table for a project called Struggle fore Equality - A Chronicle of Reform. We each were assigned numbers to do. My first number was number two. I had to gathering recent new clippings involving changing conditions in the work force fore women, and minority women. I found some great articles about how many women are fighting for their right to work and get an equal day's pay. The next number I had was number six we had to find give quotations or cartoons stating key viewpoints that I believe my grandchild should consider regarding the role of women. One cartoon I chose was a cartoon that looked like in was in the late 1800's early 1900's when women were gaining their right to vote. It is a picture of a women going to fight for her rights while she leaves her husband sitting there with two crying babies. One quote I choose was a quote by Clare Boothe Luce; "Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes." They will say, "Women don't have what it takes." This is a strong quote because it is a major stereotype that many people think of women. For the last one, number ten I had to write a personal letter to my grandchild including my assessment of how successful the women's movement has been. I talked a lot about WAVES, WASPS, WAFS, WACS, and SPARS. I also talked a lot about women in the women's rights movements such as Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and Lucretia Mott.

No comments:

Post a Comment