Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Poem making

I really enjoyed making poems from Barak Obama's speech, and Bill Clinton's speech, and combining them together to make our own original poem. I read Barak Obama's speech, and I found some very interesting quotes that he made in his speech. One quote I found very interesting was "What's remarkable is not how many failed in the face of discrimination, but rather how many men and women overcame the odds; how many were able to make a way out of no way for those like me who would come after them." I found this interesting because Barak Obama is thriving on the positive. Instead of saying how our country needs a lot of work and coming down on the people who failed on the face of discrimination he praised the people who have overcome the odds.

No comments:

Post a Comment